- Bodily injury
- Automobile accidents and injuries
- Truck accidents
- Slips and falls
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Estate planning
- Wills, trusts and estates
Alexandria attorney Roger L. Amole, was born in Roanoke, and he has been engaged in the full time practice of law in Northern Virginia for 35 years.
Mr. Amole is an experienced professional with an impressive record of success as a trial lawyer. He has tried many cases in all of the courts in Northern Virginia and in the District of Columbia over the course of his career. He is also skilled in negotiating advantageous settlements of claims in certain cases to avoid unreasonable risks of trial.
Roger Amole's practice is mainly devoted to personal injury litigation including bodily injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death. He also handles significant litigation in the areas of defamation, tortious interference with business relations, and clergy sexual abuse. In addition, he has broad experience in estate planning—drafting of wills and trusts, implementation of wealth preservation and development of asset management strategies.
Mr. Amole was selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in 2006 and 2007 and as a District of Columbia Super Lawyer in 2007 and 2008, based upon peer review and professional achievement. He has also been a member of Outstanding Lawyers in America since 2002 and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum since 1997. He is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, and holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
After beginning his career as a prosecutor in Alexandria and rising to the position of Deputy Commonwealth Attorney, Mr. Amole went into private practice in 1974. He is licensed to practice before all state courts in Virginia, as well as federal court in the Eastern District of Virginia and U.S.Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Mr. Amole also practices law in the superior, district, and appeals courts in the District of Columbia.
His community involvement includes years of coaching Gunston and Alexandria girls' and boys' soccer and Fort Hunt baseball and basketball. He serves pro bono as legal counsel for Aldersgate United Methodist Church and serves on the board of the Virginia United Methodist Foundation and the Josephine Daniel Pell Foundation. He also serves as a member (former chairperson) of the Virginia State Bar Fourth District Committee on lawyer discipline.
- Virginia, 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1975
- District of Columbia, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia 1981
- William and Mary School of Law, J.D., 1968
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 1964
- Alexandria Bar Association (former president)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- State Bar Council, 1979-1983 (two terms)
- Fourth District Disciplinary Committee, former chair (2010)
- District of Columbia Bar
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, lifetime member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Outstanding Lawyers in America since 2002
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2006-2007
- District of Columbia Super Lawyers, 2007-2008
- Captain, U.S. Army, Active Duty, 1964-1966
- With U.S. Army Reserve, 1967-1973